HOOPER SERVICES LTD
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The term ‘The Company’ shall mean HOOPER SERVICES LTD.
2. The term ‘Customer’ shall mean ‘The person(s) or organisation purchasing the goods.
1. In acceptance of these Terms and Conditions the Customer is permitted to make use of all facilities offered on this web site and gain access to all products displayed.
2. The Company may revise these terms and conditions from time to time by updating this page. This page should be checked periodically to review the current Terms and Conditions that prevail at the time of enquiry/purchase.
1. When ordering on line you are deemed to place the order through our secure online checkout process. Prior to the checkout process you will be given the opportunity to correct or alter your order and/or correct any errors. This information will also be available to view by logging on to your account using the password and user name created when you registered.
2. The Company reserves the right to refuse any order.
3. Orders may be refused in particular in the following circumstances:
· Where goods are out of stock or no longer available
· Where authorisation for The Customers payment cannot be gained by The Company
· If there has been an error in pricing or product description.
· If The Customer does not meet any of the Terms and Conditions as laid down by The Company
1. All prices shown are exclusive of VAT (VAT will be charged at the rate dictated by the Government at the time of purchase).
2. The Company endeavours to keep all prices and information within the website up to date and accurate.
3. Prices can sometimes be affected on occasions where changes are made by manufacturer’s and/or suppliers. When these changes occur The Company reserves the right to make pricing and information changes at short notice.
4. Should circumstances arise where a pricing error has occurred either through the web site or by quotation supplied, The Company reserves the right to inform The Customer prior to receipt of invoice and goods, and The Customer will then be given the opportunity to proceed with the purchase of the goods at the adjusted price.
5. Some orders may attract postage, carriage or delivery charges, this is clearly shown at the checkout stage.
6. Prices shown on the company website are strictly applicable to web purchases only and do not include any site visits, demonstatrations and/or training if required. If any of the aforementioned is required please enquire about prices first.
1. Under normal circumstances a date or period for delivery will be given by The Company. This is given as an estimate only and should not be binding on The Company
2. The Company will on occasions be restricted by manufacturer’s delivery times, and stock levels. Should this cause a delay in delivery of goods to The Customer, The Company can in no way be held responsible.
Damage or Loss
1. Damage - In the event of damage to the goods a claim on the carriers and The Company must be made in writing within three (3) days of delivery.
2. Loss - non delivery of goods must be notified to The Company if the goods have not arrived within seven (7) working days after the estimated date of delivery given.
1. Payment methods are clearly indicated at the checkout stage and are by means of credit or debit card.
1. The Company shall do its best to ensure that all goods shown on its web site are available for immediate purchase. However should circumstances outside of The Company’s control prevent this from happening, The Company cannot be held responsible in any way.
Cancellation and Returns
1. The Customer has the right to cancel an order at any time up to seven (7) working days from receipt of goods without giving a reason providing the goods are unused, in the original packaging and in a re-saleable condition.
2. Notice of cancellation must be in writing quoting the order reference number.
3. Provided the goods are returned unused and in the original packaging The Company will refund the full cost less any carriage, postage, or delivery costs incurred.
4. The Company reserves the right to charge a re-stocking fee of 10% of the original invoice value, payable prior to the goods being returned. The Company will then issue a refund for the balance of the original invoice value less any shipping costs, and the restocking fee. The refund will be issued within thirty (30) days of receipt of the returned goods provided the goods are confirmed as re-saleable and in the original packaging.
5. Refunds will not be made available for any goods returned that are confirmed as not re-saleable or are not in the original packaging.
6. The Customer has the right to cancel an order prior to the goods being received; any cancellation should be in writing. The company shall confirm in writing to The Customer that the order has been cancelled and refund any payments made within thirty (30) days of receiving the cancellation. For orders cancelled prior to the delivery of goods there is an administration charge of £30.00, which will be deducted from any refund applying.
7. For cancelled orders where the method of payment was by Credit or Debit card any refund due will be made back on to the original card used at the time of ordering.
1. The Company will assume that all products supplied by them will be used for the purpose for which they are meant and cannot be held responsible or liable in any way should the customer choose to use the goods for purposes other than specified by the manufacturer.
2. Any advice offered to The Customer by The Company or The Company’s representatives will be based solely on information passed to them by The Customer and is therefore given without legal responsibility.
3. The Company shall not be liable to The Customer in the event of damage to property or goods or any injury to persons resulting from negligent or improper use or handling of goods by The Customer, their employees, their agents or members of the general public, or any loss of profit or contracts or other consequential losses of any kind contingent upon any acts or omissions of The Company or its agents, however caused.
1. The Company undertakes to deal with complaints in a professional and confidential manner and will endeavour to give The Customer a time scale within which the complaint should be resolved, depending on external influences on how the complaint has to be dealt with.
Product Guarantees and Warranties.
1. All product warranties and guarantees are provided solely by the manufacturer and/or the UK importer. If The Customer believes they have a claim under warranty The Customer should contact The Company who will act on their behalf to pursue the claim.
2. In most cases a claim under warranty will mean that The Customer will need to return the goods to The Company, the manufacturer, or importer for further inspection. The cost of returning the goods to The Company, the manufacturer or the importer is solely the responsibility of The Customer and The Company can in no way be held responsible for such costs.
3. If goods (and in particular machinery) are returned to The Company under a warranty claim The Company Service Department will carry out a full assessment of the goods to determine what the problem(s) is, and if it is a valid claim under the warranty.
4. If the repair is deemed to not be a warranty repair there will be an investigation charge of £40. The Customer will be advised and given the opportunity to receive a quotation for the repair of the goods. If The Customer declines the option of a repair quotation or declines the quotation when given and requires the goods to be shipped back to them The Company reserves the right to charge the cost of shipping.
5. All warranty claims must be supported by proof of purchase, and in the event that a warranty claim is not deemed valid The Company will not be liable for any costs incurred by The Customer, and The Company will not accept liability for loss of income or revenue or any claim for labour and/or other related costs whilst the goods are in repair.
6. The warranty and the guarantee lie solely with the original purchaser and become void if products have been modified or sold on to a third party.
7. The goods supplied by The Company are supplied in good faith. The company will not knowingly supply faulty or damaged goods to The Customer. If it can be proven that such faulty or damaged goods were supplied The Company will replace such goods with products of equal quality and specification but cannot be held responsible for any loss of revenue, income of any sort (including fines levied on The Customer) or wage related claims whilst the goods are being replaced.
1. The Customer is permitted to download and print information from The Company web site for their use only. Commercial use of this type of information is prohibited unless expressly agreed to in writing by The Company
2. The Customer may not modify any part of the web site in any way.
1. Whilst The Company will make every effort to ensure that the information contained within this web site is both accurate and up to date we do not warrant that this is the case.
2. The Company reserves the right to make any changes to the web site at any time and without notice. Some material may be out of date and The Company makes no commitment to update information by any given time.
1. Neither The Company nor any other party (whether or not involved in the production, development, delivery and presentation of this web site) shall be liable or responsible for any kind of loss or damage that might result to The Customer or a third party as the result of the use of this web site, including service or repair costs and without limitation any other direct or indirect consequential loss, and whether in tort or contract or otherwise in connection with this site.
1. For the purpose of these Terms and Conditions the expression ‘Force Majeure’ shall mean any cause affecting the performance by The Company of its obligations arising from acts, events, omissions, happenings or non-happenings beyond its reasonable control including (but without limiting the generality thereof) governmental regulations, fire, flood, or any disaster or an industrial dispute affecting a third party for which a substitute third party is not readily available.
2. The Company shall not in any circumstances be liable to The Customer for any loss of any kind whatsoever including but not limited to any damages, charges and /or fines whether directly or indirectly caused to or incurred by The Customer by reason of any failure or delay in the performance of its obligations hereunder which is due to Force Majeure. Notwithstanding the foregoing The Company will continue to use all reasonable endeavours to continue to perform, or resume performance of such obligations (as agreed to) for the duration of such Force Majeure events.
Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions shall be considered as an agreement made in England and according to English Law, subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to which both parties hereby submit.
No of items: 0